Sunday, September 11, 2011

mexican bruschetta chicken

Chicken. Tomatoes. Chiles. Feta. Not nearly as challenging a mystery basket as the ones on Chopped, but yesterday I had to figure out how to turn these ingredients into dinner. I toyed around with making a tamale pie (like cornbread pot pie), but that would be too labor-intensive after a tiring day of work. So I threw this together instead:

Mexican Bruschetta Chicken

  1. Make fresh salsa: chopped tomatoes, chopped roasted chiles, diced onion, crushed garlic, chopped cilantro, squeeze of lime & a few dashes of salt.
  2. Pound chicken flat (I use saran wrap and my fist - it's more fun that way), sprinkle with chili powder, cumin & salt. Spray with oil. Grill. 
  3. Serve salsa and crumbled feta (or cotija cheese) over chicken.
We ate this with cast-iron skillet cornbread made with fresh corn & roasted chiles, but I think it needed a second side dish - a green veggie or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment