Sunday, November 21, 2010

the problem sideboard

I love my dining room sideboard.  I love the reversible door panels even though I always keep them on the woven side.  I love the wine glass slots.  I just can't figure out how to decorate the darn thing.  And to make matters worse, there's only one blank wall in our dining area (not technically a room) so I'm having the hardest time deciding how to squeeze in the four botanical prints that had their own spacious wall to hang on in our old home:


So today I played around (those are wrapping paper placeholders for the artwork): 

1. Umm no. Try again.
2. Meh. Kinda plain. But maybe plain is okay?
3. Better? I don't know...

4. I know! Let's add some pinecones! That TOTALLY transforms the space! <eye roll>
I'm not really crazy about any of them, and I don't know if it's the picture placement or my lack of appropriate accessories.  Do I need a long mirror over the sideboard?  A grouping of vintage plates on top?  I wish I had a better eye for design.  Any advice?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about design, but in picture 2, your chandelier looks really good!

    ReplyDelete