Thursday, March 24, 2011

arizona kitchen party!

Haven't posted in a while - my sister was visiting and I'm still trying to get the kitchen put back together. Pictures are on the way as soon as I can clear the mess!

Last night we saw my favorite live band in the world, Great Big Sea. They put on the most fun concert! It was my 5th show of theirs, but the last one was 7 years ago - much too long ago! My voice is a little hoarse from singing along, my calves a bit sore from dancing, and my hands tender from clapping, but it was worth the pain, hehe. Sea shanties, drinking songs, accordions, bodhrans and mandolins? What's not to love?! To boot, they played for nearly 2.5 hours.

Gotta love the miracle of technology. Someone already uploaded a video of their final song from last night. After all the boisterous music, I love the stripped down finale (and Sean's little flub at the beginning).

And here's an oldie but goodie to end this post on a peppy note!

No comments:

Post a Comment